Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Library & Archives, Genentech Center for the History of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
CSHL offers a Research Travel Grant Program for students, faculty or independent scholars who wish to utilize the CSHL Archives for research. The purpose of the travel grant is to foster research in the CSHL Archives and Genentech Center Archives.
This new program will provide successful applicants with awards of up to $1000 for travel to CSHL for onsite use of our Archives. It may also be used for lodging and other travel expenses. Research trips may last any length of time.
An Archives Advisory Committee will review each application.
Selection is based on the following criteria: relevance of the applicant's research topic to the CSHL Archives (http://library.cshl.edu/archives ) and Genentech Center’s collections (http://library.cshl.edu/genentech-center ); its quality, sophistication, and depth.
Grants to help defray travel and lodging costs are made to scholars of any academic discipline who are engaged in projects that require substantial use of the CSHL and Genentech Center Archives Collections. Applicants should make clear how their projects relate to the study of the history of any of the Life Sciences.
Please submit the following materials:
1. completed application form (below);
2. current resume or CV;
3. a description of the project you wish to undertake (1-3 pages) including specific details of how the resources of the CSHL and/or the Genentech Archives would be pertinent to your project;
4. a proposed budget estimating travel, lodging, and research expenses;
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Deadline is October 31st each year. Recipients will be announced in December.
Upon acceptance of the grant, recipients will be asked to:
1. provide CSHL with a report on the results of their research;
2. acknowledge the grant in all publications which result from their research;
3. notify CSHL of any publication resulting in whole or in part from the grant.